(440) 998-1110 or (800) 935-0242
Who Handles Fraud Claims?
The control of welfare fraud is the responsibility of the Ashtabula County Department of Job and Family Services Benefit Recovery Unit. They are responsible for the detection and prevention of fraud and for the recovery of claims.
Specific Responsibilities of the Benefit Recovery Unit
• Prevent claims and fraudulent activities by applicants, recipients, and child care vendors
• Investigate and gather information regarding the benefits received due to incorrect, incomplete or false data
• Establish claim in cases where an assistance group was not eligible for benefits received
• Collection of payments for established claims
• Payments can be mailed to:
Ashtabula County Department of Job & Family Services
Attn: Benefit Recovery Unit
2924 Donahoe Drive
Ashtabula, OH 44004
• Payments can be made in person at the above address
Citizen and Anonymous Referrals
If you suspect or have knowledge of fraud being committed, you can make an anonymous report by mailing to ACDJFS Benefit Recovery or by calling 440-998-1110 or 1-800-935-0242.